Subject: Bug stick on my leg returning from costa rica
Location: Guanacaste, Costa Rica
I returned from costa rica yesterday, and that bug was stick hard to my leg.
Mesuring about half of a centimeter.
We did a lot of hiking in the guanacaste region. Just want to ensure that it is not dangerous.
Thanks a lot
Signature: email

Tick

This is a Tick.  Ticks are blood suckers that are known to spread pathogens.  Some Ticks are disease vectors like the Deer Ticks of North America that spread Lyme Disease.  You might want to seek professional help if you experience any unusual symptoms.

Location: Costa Rica

3 Responses to Tick from Costa Rica

1. Bob Czimbal says:

100 tiny ticks attached to me the size of a period at the end of this sentence…………….
    The grow as they suck blood.
    I found one on me days later that had grown several times larger.
    What do you call these and any dangers???
    BIG Thnaks

2. JP Dupras says:

ended up with 2 female cats that are (fixed) by a vet and are so full of pulgas ( fleas ) it,s not even funny anymore .they love me also ( the fleas…).a friend from Florida visited me and gave me some fleas collars ..great for 6 months…( they don,t have them here ) welcome to Costa Rica !it,s absolutely disaster….can.t believe it ..the locals are immune so the dogs and cats don,t bother them ..so no fleas collars either..so after 6 months the fleas comes back with a vengeance on my cats…and me ..help is hter some natural fleas killers or whatever..the would help me …

3. JP Dupras says:

is there some natural local herbs or whatever,that I could use on my animals..can,t get fleas collars here ..?help ????