Subject: Commonly found spider
Location: Eastern Mediterranea,Agean Sea,Islands
What kind of spider is this one? I encounter them everywhere, even in my house.They usually make a small web on the corners of walls and hide in there.
Signature: bs122

Huntsman Spider

Dear bs122,
You neglected to tell us the size of this beautiful creature, and we are guessing it is at least 4-5 centimeters across.  It is some species of Huntsman Spider or Giant Crab Spider, and we will try to do additional research.  We are also guessing you are on a Greek island.

Update:  October 14, 2012
We believe we have correctly identified this Huntsman spider as
Eusparassus walckenaeri based on this photo posted to the Crab Spiders website and this photo from the Forum Natura Mediterraneo site.

Location: Aegean Sea. Greece

6 Responses to Huntsman Spider from Aegean Islands

1. bs122 says:

Indeed, it was about 4cm and was found on a Greek island.

2. bs122 says:

Yeah that has to be it, thanks for helping!

3. Tim Wilkins says:

Hi, would it be possible for the stripped huntsman spider from Aegean to be found in nsw Australia
    With thanks
    Tim

Australia has many species of Huntsman Spiders that are native. It is always possible for an organism from one locale to be sited at a location on the other side of the planet, but in a situation like that, we would suspect human intervention and not natural range expansion.