Subject: unknown insect
Location: saint Paul minnesota
Hi bugman I live in saint Paul mn. I live in my friends basement where is usually only see centipedes and small spiders. the basement is kind of damp and moldy but ive been running a dehumidifier to keep in dry. my house sits about 60 feet away from a rail road track and every time a train goes by the whole house shakes and a bunch of dirt and dust fall from the cealing. Not sure what type of bug this is or if it is foreign to Minnesota.
Signature: just would like to know what kind of insect it is

False Bombardier Beetle

This fascinating creature is a False Bombardier Beetle in the genus Galerita.  You can compare you image to those posted to BugGuide.

Location: Minnesota

2 Responses to False Bombardier Beetle

1. koko says:

i have this weird bug that looks similar to the picture only that theres some in my house and they head is more thin and long what is it?is it a giraffe weevil?is it a bombardier beetle?please help because its in australia!!!!!

2. koko says:

and im really scared please help me out!