Subject: Moth
Location: Yucatan Mexico
I believe this is an Atlas Moth, however I can’t confirm it. Its beautiful either way. Thanks
Signature: Ranaman

Rothschildia lebeau yucatana

Dear Ranaman,
This is a Giant Silk Moth in the genus Rothschildia, and it is in the same family as the Asian Atlas Moth.  We believe this is either
Rothschildia jorulla or Rothschildia cincta.  We will see if Bill Oehlke can provide the species name.  He has no living examples of Rothschildia jorulla on his website, so he may request permission to reproduce your photo.

Bill Oehlke responds
This is a nice picture of a male Rothschildia lebeau yucatana. I would like permission from Ranaman to post image or a larger one or larger ones, credited to him on my website. He can contact me directly at oehlkew@islandtelecom.com
It would be nice to have his full name for credit purposes, but it could just be credited to Ranaman.
Bill Oehlke

It is Rothschildia lebeau yucatana.
I tried sending an email to ranaman, but message bounced.

Thanks Bill,
Our response also bounced.  We will contact our webmaster to see if he can track the originating email address so that you can make your request.  In the event that does not happen, our submission form reserves the right to post images and content to What’s That Bug? as well as WTB? authorized publications.  You have our permission to use this image with a credit to Ranaman.

Location: Mexico