Subject: Darkling beetle
Location: Miagao Iloilo, Philippines
Good day Sir Daniel
I have collected this darkling beetle from a Rain Tree- Samanea saman, in the Philippines, Miagao Iloilo last July 15, 2012.Months of July here in the Philippines is a rainy season. I think this is from the family tenebrionidae, I have observed that when I disturb them, they will cluster back again under the bark that i have collected, they are somewhat afraid of light or something, the size is 3mm-8mm long can you identify the scientific name or even in genus level of this beetle pleasee it will be a very big help
Signature: Ed

Darkling Beetle

Hi Ed,
We agree that this appears to be a Darkling Beetle, but we are unable to provide any species or genus information.  The easiest species to learn about on the internet are large and conspicuous creatures or dangerous or harmful creatures.  Relatively nondescript species like this beetle will pose a tremendous challenge to properly identify.

Darkling Beetles

Location: Philippines