Subject: Can’t quite identify what this bug is that keeps biting me 🙂
Location: VA
Hello first off thanks very much for reading. I have had several bug bites on my legs (around 10) over the past few days, and woke up this morning and found the actual bug that had been biting me. I have attached pictures but am not quite able to identify it. It is very small but I took a picture through a pocket microscope. Can you help me identify it please? The bites are not painful and barely itch at all.
Signature: Henry

Mite

Hi Henry,
Thanks to your microscopic enlargement, we are able to identify your culprit as a Mite, though we do not have the necessary skills to determine a species or genus or even a family.  There are many biting mites and some typically trouble birds and others rodents.  If there was a recently abandoned bird nest near where these bites have occurred, it is possible that once the birds left the nest, the Mites resorted to biting humans out of desperation.

Mite

Location: Virginia

4 Responses to Mite

1. Anne says:

I need info sheet

2. Anne says:

What caN i USE TO EASE THE CRAWLING EFFECT

3. emma says:

hi
    please help !!
    I have had a itchy scalp for months now and it driving me crazy. i have treated many time for headlice but itchin is getting worse i belive it to be mites my scalp i covered in tiny bites. also in the past month my cat has been pulling out her fur and is going bald she also is covered in bites. been vets and they are no help also doctors are no help. can we have the same mite infestation and do you know of any answers.
    e x

4. Beth Haines says:

I have been having the same problem for years.
    Buy AND ORDER FROM from a vet BUCK MOUNTAIN PARASITE DUST FOR ANIMALS (HERBAL GOLD). USE MASK ON YOURSELF. DO NOT BREATHE IN. SAFE FOR ANIMALS AND PEOPLE. ALSO ORDER KLEEN GREEN FROM NATURAL GENESIS. SPRAY CREVICES AND AROUND HOME. SPRAY INTO SCALP. LEAVE ON. SPRAY AGAIN INTO HAIR. ONLY WORKKS WHEN WET.
    SHAMPOO WITH AND BATHE WITH GENERIC VALUE PRODUCTS “TEA TREE OIL SHAMPOO”. GET FROM SALLY’S BEAUTY SUPPLY.