Subject: Molting Cicada
Location: Stillman Valley, Illinois
Hello Bugman,
Long time fan Amy here. I was very fortunate to capture these images of a cicada shedding it’s shell, a sight I’ve never actually witnessed..though the cicada call has always brought to mind images of a beautiful summer day..so I felt quite fortunate to catch this one in the act in my front flower bed. I was also wondering if anyone has had a chance to try the Japanese Beetle remedy that I submitted earlier this year. We haven’t seen too many of these critters this year here in the midwest, maybe it’s just too hot for them too.
Wishing the best for you guys out west,
Amy Berogan
Signature: Amy Berogan, Stillman Valley, Illinois

Molting Cicada

Hi Amy,
Thanks so much for sending us your molting Cicada photo.  We have not heard back from anyone regarding your holistic Japanese Beetle remedy.  Interestingly, there were no Japanese Beetles in Ohio during our brief stay in June and we haven’t heard anything from Daniel’s mother who lives there regarding Japanese Beetles that yearly defoliate many plants in her garden.

Location: Illinois