Subject: Io and Imperial Moths in St. Peters Village PA
Location: St. Peters Village PA
It has been a few years since I have submitted any pictures to your website. This site is by far my favorite means for insect identification. I haven’t really seen any really neat moths the past couple of seasons around here, but my luck has changed in the past couple of weeks! Here are a couple of pictures of what I believe to be an Io moth, and an Imperial moth. I found both of them on my front porch under the light of course!
Signature: Andrea

Male Io Moth

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for the compliment.  We are happy to post both your male Io Moth Photo and the photo where you and the female (we believe) Imperial Moth and getting more familiar.  The male Io Moth was used in the logo for National Moth Week, and it you are interest in learning more about your local moths, you might want to see if there is a National Moth Week event near you.  The porch light is an excellent place to search for moths.

Imperial Moth

Location: Pennsylvania