Subject: A Curious Fellow
Location: México, Jalisco, Guadalajara
Hello there. First of all, let me say that this is a wonderful site! I just can’t believe when I found it. You make an awesome work doing this 🙂 Thank You a Lot.
So, A month ago I found this rare fellow in one plantpot at home. Looks like an ant but moves like a spider… I let him in the yard safe (I don’t touched it, his colors make me thought that he is poisonous) I don’t . What kind of insect is?
Signature: Miguel Angel

Assassin Bug Nymph

Dear Miguel Angel,
This is an Assassin Bug Nymph.  You were wise to avoid handling it.  Though they are not considered dangerous, many Assassin Bugs will bite if carelessly handled.  There is one genus of Assassin Bugs that are considered a health threat to humans.  The Blood Sucking Conenose Bugs in the genus
Triatoma, also called Kissing Bugs, are found in your area and they spread Chagas Disease.  See BugGuide for photos of Blood Sucking Conenose Bugs.  Your Assassin Bug nymph is not a member of that genus.  We believe it might be a Milkweed Assassin Bug nymph.

Location: Mexico

One Response to Immature Assassin Bug from Mexico

1. drswanny says:

Agreed that this is probably a milkweed assassin nymph.