Subject: I found her and her family in the pool 🙂
Location: Wildomar, CA
I live in Wildomar, CA and during the summertime we have many insects meet their end in our pool. So as often as I can I rescue the little bugs (bees mostly). Today I thought I saw a bee grasping onto a leaf for dear life and as I got closer I realised that it was a pretty big weird looking spider. Then I looked even closer and saw she didn’t have a fuzzy butt she had all of her babies with her ^_^
Now I have no idea what kind of spider this is, so naturally I am contacting you for identification hopefully you can tell me.
Thank you for your time,
Signature: Cheryl

CLUE there was a technical problem
Ed. Note: 
Cheryl’s response to our automated response.

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Whats That Bug? <bugman@whatsthatbug.com> wrote:
Thank you for submitting your identification request.
Please understand that we have a very small staff that does this as a labor of love. We cannot answer all submissions (not by a long shot). But we’ll do the best we can!

Thank you if you can that would be wonderful ^_^

Daniel Marlos
May 15 (2 days ago)
to Cheryl
there is no photo attached, but it must be a wolf spider.

Oh I attached one when I sent it … Thank you for the identification 🙂

Drowned Wolf Spider and Spiderlings

Ed. Note:  This letter was the first we received that caused us to ponder the reason identification requests had plunged.  Seems most of your letters have been going SPAM folder since May 8.  The problem has been corrected.