What’s that bug… in Alaska?
Location: Kotzebue, Alaska
I get the feeling this is a common bug that I should know the name of, but I would sure appreciate your help identifying it for someone here in Kotzebue, Alaska (NW arctic coast). It was found in their house while vacuuming.
Thank you for your time and assistance…
Signature: MJ

Larder Beetle

Hi MJ,
This is a Larder Beetle and they commonly infest stored foods.

Location: Alaska

3 Responses to Larder Beetle

1. Linda says:

I am seeing the same bugs in my house every since i changed my windows. I am not from Alaska but live in NY. How can you get rid of them. I have tried everything.

2. Pam N says:

Over the past two months we began finding these around our house. We have cleaned the house from top to bottom. If these bugs are attracted to water this could have been what attracted them to our house when we had a shower leak. We’ve now caulked around the shower, are making sure we wipe up well after showers, (etc..) and also had a repairman fix the leaky shower head.
    Is there any spray or anything that would be ‘extra’ efficient? I would appreciate any feedback.

Pam N
    Anchorage, AK

#waterbeetles #solutionstobugproblem #ridmyhouseofbugs

• Linda says:

I have been asking the same questions. They also go after dry food esp dog food
      I have tried the same things you did. I did see some spray on Amazon but no good reviews. If you find out let me know. Thanks