Unknown Beauty
Location: Dwangwa, Malawi
Haai! i found this curiouse winged insect sitting aginst one of our windows, i had no idea what it could be.
But when i pinned it i could examine it closely, I paged through the curiouse world of bugs and it seams like it can be of the Order Neuroptera?
After more reaserch I found an old drawing of a few insects of this order together on a page, but the wording next to the insect it looks almoust identical to is unclear and now I still don’t know what it is exactly…
Signature: jani

Antlion

Hi Jani,
You are correct that this insect is a Neuropteran.  It is an Antlion and we did find a matching photo that was taken at Dzalanyama on FlickeR, but it is not identified to the species level.  While we are honored that you are using The Curious World of Bugs and What’s That Bug? to identify your discoveries, you might try to see if there is a guidebook to your local species available, even if it is an outdated book.

Antlion

Location: Africa