Rescued this little guy trapped in my office
Location: Toronto, Canada
This little guy found his way into my office today, some 200 feet from the nearest entrance. No idea how he did it, but I was able to coax him into a plastic cup and I took him outside. What species is it? He had a pretty bold orange dot on the front of his wings, and a white stripe towards the tip. He was about an inch long. I can’t tell if he’s a moth or butterfly.
Signature: Mothman

Red Admiral

Dear Mothman,
This photo is not ideal for identification purposes, however, we are nearly certain that you rescued a Red Admiral,
Vanessa atalanta.  We would not discount another member of the genus known as the Painted Ladies.  For your valiant rescue, we are tagging this submission with the Bug Humanitarian Award.

That’s it! Thanks a bunch! Wikipedia has a much better image of his wings (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/Red_Admiral_0625c.jpg)

Location: Canada