Caterpillar I can’t identify!
Location: College Station, Texas
Salutations! I was out in my backyard when I noticed this caterpillar on my blackberry bush. The paddle shaped ”setae” (they might not be hairs, hence the quotes) are really distinctive, but I couldn’t find anything that looks like it! I can send more pictures if you want.
Signature: Meaghan P.

Caterpillar of Wilson's Wood-Nymph

Ed. Note  Our automated response:  Thank you for submitting your identification request.   Please understand that we have a very small staff that does this as a labor of love. We cannot answer all submissions (not by a long shot). But we’ll do the best we can!

9:31 PM
I asked some people at the Entomology department here at the university I attend, and they have identified the wee-beastie as Wilson’s Wood-nymph Moth (Xerociris wilsonii).
Cheers,
Meaghan P.

Hi Meaghan,
We are sorry we didn’t get back to you but we are very happy you got a correct identification.  We will be posting your photo of the Caterpillar of Wilson’s Wood-nymph Moth and linking to the BugGuide page for the species.

Caterpillar of Wilson's Wood-Nymph

Hi Daniel-
No apologies needed!  I love your website and I was SO excited to have something to send in.  Hope you all have a great weekend!
Regards,
Meaghan P.

Location: Texas