Looks like a spider but…..
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Found this in house and want to know if we should be worried about finding more.
Signature: Darius M.

Sun Spider

Dear Darius,
This creature reminds you of a Spider because it is also an Arachnid.  Your creature is a Solifugud and it is commonly called a Sun Spider or a Wind Scorpion, though its classification is different from both spiders and scorpions.  Unlike spiders and scorpions, Solifugids do not have any venom and they are considered to be beneficial predators that will rid you house of other less desirable creatures.

Location: Nevada

6 Responses to Sun Spider

1. terry says:

On june08 2013…
    We find and one in our house in Levelland tx
    These bugs will devour a cockroach in 1.5 seconds flat and spit out the hulls
    Just for those of you with roach problems they ar your friends

2. Bevetly says:

One bit my dog and he doesn’t feel good. He was under my bed

3. Tanya Wagner says:

my cat was bit “OMG!!! FIRST he was Dazed then he was comatosed I thought he was dead then he had BAD SPASM for about 30 seconds. Then he was unconsious with fever all day. THEN he comes out of fever and shock .. straight into PARALIZATION. I CRYED MY EYES OUT . ANYWAY I PUT HIM IN HIS LITTLE BED THINKING THE WORST , THAT HE WASNT GOING TO MAKE IT “, THAT I LOST HE . I WAS SO EXUASTED FROM CRYING AND FREAKING OUT THAT WHOLE DAY! THAT I JUST FELL OUT… NEXT THING I KNOW I WAS AWAKENED BY “”CAT!!! ” HE WAS PLAYING AND RUNNING AROUND BEAUTIFULY” !!! LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED ” I CRIED WITH JOY!!!! I JUST HUGGED”! HIM SO TIGHT….. WELL…. CALL IT A MIRICAL I DONT KNOW. THE SPIDER IS IN A ZIPLOCK TO TAKE TO THE EMERGENCY VET BUT IT WAS A SUNDAY AND BEING 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND ! I WAS HELPLESS . THAT SUN , CAMEL, OR WIND SCORPION!! IS AN INTERESTING SPIDER TO SAY THE LEAST. I ENDED UP WALKING OUT IN THE DESERT AND LETTING HIM GO AND TOLD HIM HE WASNT WELCOME IN MY HOME!! THANKED HIM FOR NOT KILLING MY CAT.

• kelly saxe says:

wow. you are so beautiful and fun and funny and kind. thank you for not just squashing him/her it. im so glad you were blessed with many more happy moments with your cat . lol. what a telling. 🙂 I’m thinking of ordering one and will make certain it’s home is escape proof. I had charge of a Vietnamese Centipede once. I honestly rehomed it because every single day and night especially night when i couldn’t keep eyeballs forever intent upon it i was having terrors of it getting out and me moving to east of you’ll never find me and selling the house anonymously to escape the soon to be hurled at me law suits for scaring some mother in law out of her morning slippers

4. Muhammad Shafiq Farooq says:

It is found in Pakistan also.