Unidentified Flat Mantis
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Please help me identified this flat looking mantis. It was hidden under a leaf when I found it.
Location: Chiangmai, Thailand
Signature: Fujinliow (fujinliow.tumblr.com)

Hong Kong Mantid

Dear Fujinliow,
We believe the Mantis in your photo is immature, and it is often difficult to identify immature insects.  We haven’t the time for any research this morning, but we are posting your photo in the hopes that one of our readers might supply a response.

Location: Thailand

4 Responses to Unknown Mantis from Thailand is Hong Kong Mantid

1. Tenodera says:

Sinomantis (denticulata?). This species is especially notable because of an anecdote where a collected green adult turned straw-colored over the night. Not sure if any more research has been done about this.

2. Jeff says:

To the best of my knowledge, this is not sinomantis. It does, however look like a Tropidomantis. Female nymph with 2 more moults to adult. I have bred tropidomantis before. This genus is not very well described, but I am sure my ID should be accurate. It is quite hard to identify the species from the nymph.