Garden Visitor
Location: Puerto Rico
January 31, 2012 1:30 am
All creepy crawlies are welcomed in my little garden, saw this little guy today and found him so bright and cute that I had to take a pic, would be great to know it’s name.
Signature: Nana JoGoFe

Unknown Longicorn

Dear Nana JoGoFe,
We can tell you that this is some species of Longicorn or Longhorned Borer Beetle in the family Cerambycidae, however, our initial internet search has not turned up any matching images from Puerto Rico.  Perhaps one of our readers will be able to assist in a species identification.  For now, a family will have to suffice.  The coloration is quite distinctive, and we don’t believe a proper identification will prove entirely elusive.

Unknown Longicorn

Identification courtesy of Karl
February 5, 2012
Hi Daniel and Nana JoGoFe:
It appears to be a longicorn in the genus Chlorida, probably C. festiva. It is a very wide-ranging species found from southern Florida to Argentina, including much of the Caribbean. Regards. Karl

Thanks Karl,
We suppose the genus name
Chlorida refers to the green coloration.  We also found a nice image on American Insects.

Location: Puerto Rico