Bed Bug or Carpet Beetle?
Location: Northest/MD
Hi, I live in MD and started finding these little bugs in my carpet (never on my bed) in September. This is the lot I’ve collected since then, and never more than one at a time. I do have itching/biting symptoms mainly at night but sometimes during the day at work, but have not found any bugs, feces, or blood stains on any part of my bed or surrounding furniture, after checking for months now. Nor have I had any of the classic skin symptoms/reactions aside from the itching. So, I’d like to know exactly what I’m dealing with here. Appreciate any direction you can provide!
Signature: Cant Sleep Tight

Carpet Beetle and Larvae

Dear Cant Sleep Tight,
Try to get some rest.  You do have Carpet Beetles and not Bed Bugs.  While Carpet Beetles are considered household pests that will do damage to organic materials, they do not bite.  The second individual from the left in your photo is an adult Carpet Beetle and the others are Larvae.

Location: Maryland