Earwig?
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
I first saw this bug in my bathroom floor and posted it on facebook, noone knew what it was. It measured 1cm in lenght with its tail straight back. This time it kept its tail rolled up and forward like a scorpion even when running wild. It was very fast. Its back legs are bigger. 6 feet total. Last time I had played with it a little and felt its back with a metal pick and it felt hard. I would like to know if it is a dangerous bug or not. I also looked it up here and saw a similar one but the tail is different. The one in your site, also from Puerto Rico is from the west coast of the Island. This one is from the Northeast side. Nearby is a river. I let it go outside, even though a couple people said I should kill it.
Signature: Samuel

Earwig from Puerto Rico

Dear Samuel,
You are correct that this is an Earwig, and it does look like the same species we posted previously from Puerto Rico that Karl identified as
Doru albepes.

Location: Puerto Rico