Little Red Six Legs :
Location: Cobb County, GA (Powder Springs)
December 6, 2011 1:42 am
I go hiking often so odd bugs, plants, flowers and animals are something I am usually used to. I often snap pictures of them, and I use them often on my blog and my photo sharing sites. I love photography and being able to capture a moment to last a life time. This one particular bug that I captured the last hike (last week), I can not figure out what it is despite hours and hours or research.
This bug was in park that is used for it’s hiking trails. It has many acres and the only buildings are an old barn and an abandoned house. This bugs bright colors instantly attracted me. While I release the copyright to you… I release it only to you. I just want to know what this bug is, what it does. I have been wondering for days whether or not this thing is more harmful or helpful and why I haven’t seen more of them.
Signature: Concerned Hiker

Assassin Bug Nymph

Dear Concerned Hiker,
This is an Assassin Bug nymph, most likely in the genus Zelus.  We have taken the liberty of cropping your photo and moving your copyright information to better fit the format of the images on our website.

You can remove the copyright completely if you wish. I have more than one image of this creature, if you want them as well, let me know. Are they harmless? What do they do?

Thanks, but changing images in posts is time consuming, so we will just let it remain as is.

Location: Georgia