Not uncommon around these parts
Location: New Hampshire, USA.
I keep finding these bugs in my room, usually on the floor, but sometimes I find them near a blue lamp I have on a five foot shelf (they could climb up to it, I’m sure). My mother thinks that they are ’wood bugs’. I believe that they could be attracted to the wood, since half of our house is hard-wood floored and we have a wood stove (that means wood inside!). They appear all over the house, but I find them in my room the most. My room is one of the ones that has hard-wood flooring.
I’ve held the little buggers before! They don’t bite. They remind me of a caterpillar, how they just crawl around without harming me. My dogs find them and eat them sometimes, they’re just fine.
Sorry it’s a lot of info, but I should add that our house is not particularly clean, and my room is the worst of the bunch.
Signature: Youngster

Western Conifer Seed Bug

Dear Youngster,
Even though your photo is terribly blurry, there is enough detail to identify the Western Conifer Seed Bug,
Leptoglossus occidentalis, thanks to your thorough description.  The Western Conifer Seed Bug is native to the Pacific Northwest, but it expanded its range to include most of the northern portion of the western hemisphere beginning in the 1960s.  This range expansion might be due to both global warming as well as accidental introduction because of increased travel.  In the early years of the 21st millennium, Western Conifer Seed Bugs were introduced to Europe where they have naturalized.  Western Conifer Seed Bugs are frequently noticed as cool weather sets in because adults seek out shelter, including homes, as places to hibernate.  Western Conifer Seed Bugs will not damage your home, its furnishing nor its inhabitants.

Location: New Hampshire