Strange lime green insect
Location: Portland, OR
Hi there I live in Portland, OR and discovered this bug the other day in a friends back yard. I don’t know if you can tell but it is rather small, that is a mason jar behind it. There is also a proboscis(sp)thing that you cant really see form this picture. It is really pretty and I am curious what it is I have never seen anything like it.
Thanks -Eric
Signature: Eric

Green Assassin Bug Nymph

Hi Eric,
You should handle this Assassin Bug nymph with caution as many members in the family will bite if provoked or carelessly handled.  We don’t recognize the species and we have the energy to research the species tonight.

Location: Oregon

6 Responses to Green Assassin Bug Nymph

1. drswanny says:

This is a Zelus nymph, and in Oregon, it pretty much has to be Z. renardii. I just can’t see the abdominal spines as well as I’d like.

2. nicole says:

I got bit by this green and yellow spiky assassin thing today, and I live in Phoenix, AZ.

3. Kymm says:

I was bitten by a lime green bug that looks similar to the one above in Virginia. Can this bug cause Chagas disease?

4. Milarepa7@mac.com says:

Just got bit/stung by one of these 15 minutes ago. Will keep an eye on it.

5. Nikki Ramsell says:

Bit by one in Georgia! Hurts like a bee sting!