Bug I have never seen before
Location: Ohio
I first found this bug last night when I got some bedding out of my daughter’s closet. Only saw one, but then I saw two more this afternoon in a laundry basket in the basement. Any idea what this is?
Signature: Megan

Bed Bug, Carpet Beetle Larva or other???

Hi Megan,
There is not enough detail in your photo for us to say with any certainty what the identity of your insect might be, but two possibilities are a Bed Bug or a Carpet Beetle Larva.  A better photograph would help.

I know for a fact that it isn’t a bed bug.  Have too much experience with those so I know exactly what those look like!  I looked up carpet beetle larva and found this picture (attached).  It looks like the bug on the left.  Now to research these things and find out more about them.  Thank you!

Location: Maryland

One Response to Bed Bug, Carpet Beetle Larva or other???

1. Brenda says:

Yes! Thank you! Finally I have an answer! Carpet beetles & larvae! I have these all over my house. They get in every thing. Have seen them in the different stages. I used to have carpet in my bedroom. I pulled it up cause I wanted the hardwood floors underneath. I am in South Texas. I have been asking & seeking for awhile, trying to figure them out & how to get rid of them. Thank you! Now I can work on putting an end to them, hopefully.