Sagada Spotted Beetle
Location: Sagada, Mountain Province, Philippines
September 21, 2011 1:04 am
Dear Mr. Bugman sir,
I do not have even a passing familiarity with entomology and would very much like to ask your help in identifying the bug you see below.
A friend of mine got the shot in the northern Philippines, and this little fellow is perched on a bean leaf (if that helps any).
Local names for insects like abeb, lusingan, and salagubang aren’t much help. Hoping you can help solve the mystery of the Sagada bug 🙂
Signature: september

Weevil from the Philippines

Dear September,
This is some species of Weevil.  It looks similar, but not exactly like the Weevils in this mounted collection pictured on Etsy.  It also looks somewhat like this colorful Weevil we posted earlier in the month.

Thank you, Bugman! Such a prompt response as well. I was researching on my own and came to the conclusion that it was some sort of weevil as well.
I must admit that I am quite interested in learning more about entomology, and I owe that to you and your lovely website.
Much obliged,
September

Location: Philippines

2 Responses to Weevil from the Philippines

1. KathySWM says:

Pachyrhynchus helleri ??

Pretty darn close apart from the reddish tinge on the legs…

(a species of gem beetle)