No Clue
Location: Western Massachusetts
September 11, 2011 1:41 am
Hello Mr. Bugman, I have searched the Internet trying to identify this crazy little bug. It was found under the covers of a bed that’s not used very often. It has little hairs all over its carrot shaped body and long grey hairs that protrude from it’s hind section. Turned over, it looks like six legs near the widest part, or head section. I could only see these features with a jeweler’s loop. I would say the bug measures 3/64” wide x 1/4” long half body half tail. Thanks for the help
Signature: Bugman

Carpet Beetle Larva

Just yesterday we posted another image of a Carpet Beetle Larva.  We believe your Carpet Beetle Larva is the larva of a Black Carpet Beetle in the genus
Attagenus based on this image posted to BugGuide.

Location: Massachusetts

2 Responses to Carpet Beetle Larva

1. Andrea Romero says:

I just found one in edinburg tx i was laying down in bed and felt a crawl near my leg i got up and looked and there was this little guy. So now im wonderinv is it poisonous??