The bugman is awesome (and I need an ID)
Location: Northeast Tennessee
Hey there! Your site has already helped me identify the house centipede. I’d like to know what exactly this is… growing up on a farm I’ve encountered a lot of these. My grandma always called these ”chicken poo butterflies” because they seem to have a fondness for the stuff. I was taking pictures in her flower garden one day and I came across one.
PS along with the moth/butterfly I’ve attached a photo I took of a praying mantis egg sac (I don’t know what you call it, just that mantises lay their eggs in it, I think)last December. I thought it looked neat and wanted to know if that was actually what it was.
Signature: Easily Fascinated

Silver Spotted Skipper

Dear Easily Fascinated,
When we read your letter, we immediately imagined an insect with the description you provided, and we thought for sure you would have a photo of a Pearly Wood Nymph, a moth that truly resembles chicken droppings.  This is actually a butterfly known as a Silver Spotted Skipper, 
Epargyreus clarus, and you may see additional photos on the Massachusetts Butterfly Club website.  You have correctly identified the Preying Mantis ootheca or egg case.

Preying Mantis Ootheca

Location: Tennessee