Snowball Viburnum Denizens
Location: Trumbull, CT
I tried to look up both of these insects, but I only found one. The first is an ailanthus webworm moth, but I don’t know what the second one is. I occasionally find interesting insects on the snowball viburnum bush in my front yard.
Signature: Chuck

Ailanthus Webworm Moth

Dear Chuck,
Congratulations on having successfully identified your Ailanthus Webworm Moth.  Folks of a certain age and those who think flower power was the apex of 20th Century style will likely respond to the repetitious patterns and play on scale evident in this lush photograph.  Your other insect is a Feather Legged Fly,
Trichopoda pennipes, a member of the Tachinid Fly family Tachinidae.  Tachinid Flies have larvae that are internal parasites of other insects, arachnids and certain members of other arthropod orders.  In the case of the Feather Legged Fly, the host insect is a Stink Bug.  Here is the BugGuide page on this species.

Flower Fly on Snowball Viburnum

Location: Connecticut