Seed Tick Aftermath
Location: Kirksville, MO
Hi again, Daniel.
I have no problem at all with images being cropped/rotated to fit the site, and thank you for the compliments. I discovered, however, that there was a great deal more on the trail than the cannibal flies. On my drive home from the trail, my ankles started itching terribly. Once I was out of the car, I rolled my socks down to discover that my ankles were crawling with seed ticks! Needless to say, all of my clothes wound up in the laundry post haste, and my shoes were promptly treated with some permethrin based spray (which I admittedly should have done -before- the hike!). I discovered that a safety razor works really well in removing the pinhead-sized pests, but I wasn’t able to get them off quickly enough to save my ankles – my left one caught the worst of it!
A note to any hikers with ticks in the area, make sure you treat your clothing before going out, because a tick doesn’t have to transmit a pathogen to leave an unwanted ’gift’ behind!
Signature: EB

Tick Bites

Dear EB,
We were not aware of the term Seed Ticks to describe larval Ticks, though that seems a perfect name.  We researched the name and found a very descriptive blog posting on Mayaland as well as this informative page on the Flea and Tick Control website.  Thanks so much for your warning to our readership as well as your personal tips.

Location: Missouri

2 Responses to Tick Bites

1. Herbert Kissi says:

Most ticks do not carry diseases, and most tick bites do not cause serious health problems. But it is important to remove a tick as soon as you find it. Removing the tick’s body helps you avoid diseases the tick may pass on during feeding. Removing the tick’s head helps prevent an infection in the skin where it bit you. See the Home Treatment section of this topic for the best way to remove a tick…’..

See all of the most recent blog post at our new homepage
    <http://www.healthmedicine.co

2. Janet marren says:

I’ve been renting a place. Squirls and racoons in attic. Bites or little sores. Scabbing cause of itching in sleep. They never get better. Cause always scratching in sleep. I’m allergic to lot of bug saliva. Like bed bugs. I know what look like. But on my skin I start noticing little pin size fits that I scratch and they stay bleeding. They only become bigger, that look like round little sores and never get better cause keep scratching. I have photo’s paying this money to stay where I’m at. Manager won’t do any thing about it. He says all in my head. But won’t get rid of these room mates.( Squirls and racoons in attic above. And I can’t either).