Beetle
Location: King County Washington State USA
What is this bug is founding flying around my garden? Caught this shot on the trim of the garage while it was cleaning.
Signature: Greta

Longhorned Borer Beetle

Beetle ID email
wow, just as I hit send moments ago, I saw a huge grammatical error in my post. . .  possible to edit if you end up posting on your site?
apologies.
Signature: Greta

Hi Greta,
We received your comment on your grammatical error, but we find it so amusing that a Longhorned Borer Beetle was cleaning that we are leaving your original submission as is.  We don’t thing anyone will think less of you for making an error that you immediately recognized.  We try to instill in our photography students that making errors if perfectly natural, and the best photographers will recognize the errors and make compensations on the spot, either by reshooting or by making corrections during the processing stage.  Not recognizing errors is a vastly greater problem than making errors.  We believe we have correctly identified your Longhorned Borer Beetle as Xestoleptura crassicornis based on photos posted to BugGuide, however, we may be wrong.  The range of the beetle is also consistent with your location.

Location: Washington