A Tick or Roach Perhaps?
Location: Ohio
On August 9th I was at work minding my own business when I notice this small bug crawling from my knee to my waist. It’s about as big as the letter A in the subject line above.
At first I thought it was a tick but then checked out pictures of ticks on google and the legs on this bug appear to be ”finer” than a tick I’m familiar with however I know that there are many variations of a tick. The legs aren’t as curled as a tick seems to be. Perhaps this is just a roach of some sort? If that’s the case then it definitely came from a coworker.
Signature: Mr. Felts

Bed Bug

Dear Mr. Felts,
We are sorry to inform you that the creature you found crawling on you appears to be a Bed Bug.  The resolution on your photos is not very good, so we might be mistaken, but the general anatomy and outline of the insect in the photos you provided sure looks like a Bed Bug to us.  If you are certain that the insect you found crawling on you originated at your job site, you should probably notify your employer.  If you have any doubts, please refer to the images of Bed Bugs on BugGuide for comparison.

Bed Bug

Location: Ohio

2 Responses to Bed Bug in the work place

1. JoeA says:

I have noticed a few of these in my bed recently too, however I do know where they cam from unfortunately I didn’t check myself well enough before coming in from fence work I was doing, they were lining some of the vines intertwined in the fence now I find myself needing to get rid of the things in my apartment, how can I extinguish this problem without needing to get a new bed all together?