Banded Alder Borer
Location: Winnemucca, NV
Taken at water canyon in Winnemucca, NV.
Signature: Steve

Banded Alder Borer

Hi Steve,
Thank you for sending us your excellent photo of the comely Banded Alder Borer.  Though Nevada is considered part of the normal range for the Banded Alder Borer, we believe this is the first example we have received from Nevada.

Location: Nevada

One Response to Banded Alder Borer

1. Dan says:

I once saw a similar bug to this in Clearlake calif. The body was about 4 inches long and the antenna was about 6 inches long. The body looked thicker/rounder though. Similar markings. It was longer in total than my hand. It was in a restaurant, and this bug walked out of the kitchen, casually walked thru the restaurant, and exited out the front door. A very impressive intimidating bug. Nobody volunteered to help the bug off the premises. All were happy when it exited. No word on what the bug had for lunch. Thanks for posting the pics. I’ve been curious all these years.