The web was no help
Location: New Mexico off I40 west of Continental Divide.
I just wanted to know what it is that I found here. It moved quick so no great shots but, this is what I’ve got.
Signature: cali

Blister Beetle

Dear cali,
Please don’t bash the internet.  It brought you to us and we are telling you that this is a Blister Beetle in the genus
Megetra.  You can find images in our archive as well as on BugGuide, which indicates they are:  “Restricted to Chihuahuan Desert of the USA (TX, NM, and extreme southeastern AZ) and Mexico (where most of this desert region is located).” 

Thanks for the quick response. I don’t usually bash the web but, in this case, my searches were fruitless. Usually having great success with web searches, I was just a bit frustrated to have to get help in the matter.
Thanks again,
Cali

With an insect, knowing where to begin a search or which key words to search is often critical for a fruitful result.  We are glad you got your answer.

Location: New Mexico