White Stink Bug?
Location: Lebanon County, PA
Alright so I know there are many different species of insects but a White Stink Bug with Red markings… While I was frolicking through the forest in Central, PA I found this awesome insect. I’ve done some research but have not found a name or answer to what this bug is. It is exactly the size of a stink bug but its white, with red markings. Maybe an Albino? I don’t know, so I’ll leave it up to you.
Signature: Jeremy

Brown Marmorated Stink Bug, freshly metamorphosed

Hi Jeremy,
Based on the striped antennae, our gut instinct is that this is a light Brown Marmorated Stink Bug, an invasive species that has gotten a foothold in Maryland and Pennsylvania.  Perhaps it is a light individual, or perhaps it is freshly metamorphosed and it has not darkened yet.  Sure enough, we found a visual match on BugGuide.

Location: Pennsylvania

21 Responses to White Stink Bug is newly metamorphosed Brown Marmorated Stink Bug

1. aubrey says:

There are a bunch in Wisconsin at Willow River State Park. I’ve never seen them anywhere else.

2. momma mia says:

i live im columbus ohio and just seen a white stink bug for the first time.

3. nc garden says:

they just killed my cucumbers in NC

4. chuck says:

I live in a little town called Souderton in Montgomery county Pa. I found a white stink bug with red spots just like the one pictured above from Lebanon county Pa. I have seen plenty of stink bugs across the country but never a white one. I don’t know how to upload pictures for you to see but as I said it is identical to the one posted on your website–What’s that bug. Just thought I would let you know there is another one in Pa. I guess if there is one there are two and if there are two, well you get my point. I’m sure there are more some where. Maybe even outside where I live. Thank you for your time—-Chuck—-

5. Wade Allen Hawk says:

I’m in East Tennessee and I saw one of these in my Garden on a pepper plant yesterday, it is an albino stink bug, and I know this to be a fact since there was also dozens of brown ones in my garden too.

6. Andy says:

They just killed my squash in NC

7. Carolyn says:

I have them on my tomatoe plants here in Indianapolis, IN

8. Christa says:

Found in eastern Connecticut today, 9/2/16

9. Gints says:

I found a white stink bug in downtown San Jose, CA . Looks just like the picture and moves very slowly.

10. Deborah says:

I found this same white stinkbug on a petal of a rosebud that is opening on my potted rose in Tampa Bay area of Florida. Glad I found out what it is.

11. Tina says:

i found an army of white stink bugs marching down the vine of a pumpkin plant. Harford County, Maryland.

12. Nannette Bennett says:

Theses suckers are eating my zucchini

13. Leslie Chapman says:

Found one on a leaf in our back yard. We live in flint, Michigan