Brightly Color Bee or Fly
Location: Camp Casey, South Korea
I have another one for you, this was taken on Camp Casey, South Korea. My husband and I came back to our vehicle to see this large fly/bee sitting on it. I’m wondering if it’s the South Korea horse fly you identified from another submission? This was was bright yellow in color though.
Signature: Sarah

More info on the pics I posted
I wanted to note, that all of the pictures I have submitted to you were taken this month, July 2011. Sorry I forgot to include that with my original submissions.
Signature: Sarah

Horse Fly

Dear Sarah,
First, thank you for submitting each of your requests as separate submissions.  That makes our life so much easier when it comes to categorizing our archives.  This is indeed a Horse Fly, but we don’t know much about Korean species and we are unable to provide any additional information at this time.  We can tell you that it is a female based on the spacing between the eyes, and female Horse Flies are the biters.

Location: South Korea