PA- white bug/scorpion?
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania, Lehigh County
This bug apparently bit my friends toddler on her toe. Hospital had no idea what it is. She took the bug yo Erlich(sp) exterminator who told her it’s in the kissing bug family. I think they were just trying to lie to her and make a sale to exterminate on her dime. It looks nothing like a kissing bug. White color, appears to only have 4 legs, a stinger/tail, and red antennae with black line. See pic
Signature: J.G.

Wheel Bug Nymph

Dear J.G.
This is an immature Wheel Bug, one of the Assassin Bugs in the family Reduviidae.  Wheel Bugs will bite if carelessly handled, and the bite is reported to be painful, but it is not dangerous.  The exterminator was actually correct that Kissing Bugs are in the family Reduviidae, but while Kissing Bugs spread pathogens and are frequently found indoors, Wheel Bugs are an outdoor species, so enlisting an exterminator would probably be throwing away money.

3 Responses to Wheel Bug Nymph bites toddler

1. jannet says:

With long white string thenlittle black and whote everywhere.and shapes like I seen here about masked hunter

2. jannet says:

Please help.I am being taken over. My husband doesnt see them.
    Am I crazy should I see my doctor.

3. Kat says:

Excuse me what if there’s a green one? I’ve Seen ONE THAT is green