a species of Melaphe!!
Location: Historic City of Troy, Turkey
I was going to ask what this guy was-I saw him in the city of Troy in Turkey this May. But, I found I didn’t need to ask thanks to ”LESVIAN MILLIPEDES
Posted by danielj July 7th, 2004 at 12:00 am and ”TURKISH MILLIPEDE
Posted by danielj April 18th, 2006 at 12:00 am. Your research is appreciated! Now I can tell my deviant watchers what it is =D
Signature: Thanks much!

Millipede

Hi D,
We are happy to hear you were able to self identify your Trojan Millipede as a species in the genus
Melaphe from the family Xystodesmidae, and please send our best to your deviant watchers.

Location: Turkey

One Response to Millipede from Turkey

1. Pave Stoev says:

This is a millipede of order Callipodida. Looks like a species of genus Eurygyrus. There are 5 genera of Callipodida in Turkey, Eurygyrus is by the most common and species’ richest.
    The specific odor might be due to the presence of para-cresol in the defensive secretions they produce. However, chemical components of callipodidans have been only marginally studied.