Luna Moth – New Brunswick, Canada
Location: Hopewell Cape, New Brunswick, Canada
While my husband was locking the garage late tonight (12:30 am)he saw what he thought was a green bird. It flew past him and landed on our window ledge.
When he got closer he realized it was a moth, one he had never seen before. He grabbed the camera and took the attached photos.
I did an internet search to try to identify the moth and came across your website. Based on the information we see on your site, we believe this is a Luna Moth.
This is the largest moth either of us has seen before. It is also the most beautiful shade of green. We hope it will still be there in the morning when we might get better photos.
We wanted to share this with you.
Signature: Two Canucks

Luna Moth

Dear Two Canucks,
The Luna Moth is surely a glorious creature.  Now that it is July, we can expect to begin receiving reports of the second generation of Luna Moths from the southern portion of the range.

Location: Canada

3 Responses to Luna Moth from Canada

1. Sandra says:

Just want to send a pic of a recent/ Sunday, May 22 Luna moth sighting.

2. Kara says:

I saw one in Bandera Tx. 5/29/17