jesus help me idenitfy this
Location: Orlando, Florida, Downtown.
what is this? I live in orlando fl. this is the second wave of insects I find in my sun room. they’re always dead, and they appear overnight all over my floor.
I’ll make a donation if you can identify this.
Signature: guillermo navarro

Lawn Shrimp

Hi Guillermo,
Our earthly staff is at your assistance without any divine intervention.  You have Lawn Shrimp or House Hoppers,
Arcitalitrus sylvaticus.  These terrestrial Amphipods are native to Australia, but they have been accidentally introduced to Southern California, and apparently Florida as well.  Lawn Shrimp are found in moist soil and organic substrate and they breed in well-watered landscaping.  They cannot tolerate flooded soil though, and when it rains, they often seek shelter indoors where they promptly dessicate in the drier conditions, causing them to die indoors in large numbers.  Reducing the amount of water you provide for you landscaping may help to reduce the population of Land Shrimp.

Location: Florida