What is this bug?
Subject: What is this bug?
Location: Found in cupboard, came out of old egg dying box.
I found this bug when I was getting some old egg dying stuff out it is April in the Spring time. I sat the carboard box on the table and it came crawling out. I put it in a baggie and was trying to find out what it is…no luck. I do hope you guys can help me.
Signature: Miss Rebecca

Pseudoscorpion

Our Automated Response:
Thank you for submitting your identification request.

Please understand that we have a very small staff that does this as a labor of love. We cannot answer all submissions (not by a long shot). But we’ll do the best we can!

I am glad to see I recieved an email back so quickly to at least inform me you have noticed I submitted my bug. I do thank you but I actually finally got the research I was looking for and found out what it was. So, please do not feel the need to have to research and send me information. Thank you again for your time and for the great website. It is very interesting to look through it all.
Have a Great Day!

Dear Miss Rebecca,
People don’t usually respond so politely to our automated response.  This is a harmless Pseudoscorpion.  It is a fierce, though tiny predator.  We hope your eggs turned out pretty.