My macro photography
Location: MN, NH, MA
Hi What’s The Bug?,
I am a huge fan of your website, and I thought you might be interested in seeing a few photos I have taken. I primarily photography fish, but I’m also very interested in bugs. Thanks to frequenting this site I knew right away that the bug in the first photograph was a stag beetle. By the time I took the photo of the fly I had purchased a macro lens, which is why there is a significan improvement in the photo quality. Enjoy, and keep up the excellent work!
Signature: Casey

Reddish Brown Stag Beetle

Hi Casey,
Thanks for the compliment, and we can also tell you to keep up the excellent work.  Your Reddish Brown Stag Beetle image is especially nice.  Most of our Stag Beetle reports come in July, so you photo is a nice anticipation of what summer may bring.  Can you provide us with the actual location for the Stag Beetle?  Is it MN, NH or MA?

Thank you so much for the feature on the front page! The photo of the stag beetle was taken in MN near the Twin Cities.

Location: Minnesota

One Response to Reddish Brown Stag Beetle

1. rose says:

How to ride of them? Thay are in old tree stumps & near my flowers. Please help! Thay have babies to.