Red bug from Brazil
Location: Brazil
February 19, 2011 11:31 am
Hey!! This is a picture from a bug that’s been showing up a lot in my house lately here in Brazil. I’ve seen lots of them around the garden by themselves, but i’ve also spotted them in large groups.
Always wondered what they were, so I thought of asking you!
Oh, and do you know if they are dangerous????
Thanks a lot!!
Signature: Mac

Leaf Footed Bug Nymph

Greetings Mac,
This is an immature Leaf Footed Bug in the family Coreidae.  Leaf Footed Bugs are also known as Big Legged Bugs and Flag Footed Bugs because of the tibiae on the hind legs.  Some species, like your individual, have expanded segments on the antennae as well.  Because of the distinctive markings on your specimen, we would expect it to be relatively easy to identify the species, however, most sources available identify the adult or imago, and the adult may differ considerably from the young nymph.

Leaf Footed Bug Nymph

Location: Brazil

3 Responses to Immature Leaf Footed Bug from Brazil

1. Mac says:

Thanks for answering so quickly!!! And congratulations for your site, it is really great!
    oh, and, sorry, but do you know if they are dangerous? it’s cause they have these pointy things on they back that look kind of creepy!!
    thanks again!