what the heck is this ?
Location: ontario
Hello bug man.
i keep finding these little bugs in my bathtub they cant seem to get out but they do jump.i have only seen them in the tub and i find it strange i have never seen these bugs before and have searched your site for clues but have found nothing.they are easily killed by water so why they are in the tub baffles me also it is winter time and freezing outside so I’m not completely sure where they are coming from.
I have attached a few photos one with the bug beside a comb to show size and another beside a small safety pin
I’m wondering if i should be calling some type of exterminator or if this is an indication of some other problem? please help!
Signature: concerned

Springtail

Dear Concerned,
Now that you know that this is a Springtail, you should be able to find a wealth of information on our site.  There is no need to call an exterminator.  Springtails are benign, but when they get very plentiful, they can become an annoyance.  Since they feed on mold and fungus, their presence may be an indication of an underlying problem, like a leaking pipe inside the walls.  According to Discover Life, “They are probably the most abundant hexapods on Earth, with up to 250,000,000 individuals per square acre.

Location: Canada