Almost cute
Location: Queens, NY
Not sure what it was, but it sure wasn’t in a hurry. Spent most of it’s time stuck in a puddle on my bathroom sink. It was about 1-1.5mm long. (color is correct, yes my bathroom sink is that ugly pistachio color). Sorry for blurry pictures, reverse mounting a lens is not great for handheld shooting.
Signature: Ian

Smooth Spider Beetle

Dear Ian,
Try as we might, we are unable to determine why you consider your fine photographs to be blurry.  This is a Smooth Spider Beetle,
Gibbium aequinoctiale, and it is a common household intruder that feeds upon stored flour products in the pantry.  If you find more individuals, you may want to inspect the old cookies on the back shelf or the crumbs under the cushions of the couch.  See BugGuide for additional information.

Smooth Spider Beetle

Location: New York

One Response to Smooth Spider Beetle

1. […] is small and has been found indoors, we suspect this is most likely either a Carpet Beetle or a  Spider Beetle and you may find some excellent images of both in our archives.Dear Daniel- Yes, upon further […]