Whoa!
Location: Central GA (Baldwin Co.) (woody area)
Hi WTB!
My friend found her cat having a bit of fun with this cool little guy in the house. She scooped him up out of harms way and got a picture before releasing him (well away from the feline)! We live in middle GA. Our current temps average about 32 degrees at night and 40 to 50 degrees(F)during the day in early January. She has some wooded area around her house. We had quite a lot of fun searching your site for something like him but unfortunately we couldn’t find one.We didn’t know where to start, he looks like he only has 4 legs?(I can only pray that she got there early enough and that if there were missing digits it was not due to the cat) He looked like he had a stinger too! Could you please tell me what he is so that we could learn more? Thank you so much for your time!
Signature: Courtney&Tammy

Camel Cricket

Dear Courtney and Tammy,
Most of our readers encounter Camel Crickets from the family Rhaphidophoridae
in the basement and they are repulsed by them.  Your letter was quite refreshing.  What you have mistaken for a stinger is actually an ovipositor on this female Camel Cricket.

Thanks a bunch! We are big animal (and bug) people, it takes a lot to gross us out! We thought he (rather she) was quite cool. Thanks again,
Courtney & Tammy

Location: Georgia