Some guy by the shower
Location: Chicago IL, USA
Hello, my wife and I just moved into a new apartment and I found this guy hanging out by the shower. He looked alright, not too mean or anything. I’d say he’s about 3/4” in length… and pretty light. dark up by the head, then fading out to silver/off white maybe. Found another one of the same type of bug, almost exactly, in the exact same spot, right along the wall by the shower yesterday. As much as I want to be friends with them, any advice you could give to help them from coming back would be helpful. Judging by the photo, that trim could use some help too. Thank you.
Signature: Jeremy

Silverfish

Hi Jeremy,
This is a Silverfish, a common household pest that will feed on a wide variety of items in the home.  They are difficult to eradicate.

Hey Daniel/WTB folks,
Thanks a ton for this. You’d think I would have put 2 and 2 together since I specifically called out silver in my description… but no. Great site by the way, I’ve always been interested in insects and probably spent a good hour reading through 12 pages today at work just for fun.
Thanks again!

Location: Illinois