Tanzanian bug
Location: Northern Tanzania
January 2, 2011 8:31 am
when on a charity trip to tanzania we found this bug. He was living in dryish grassland on the top of a small inactive volcano. It was mid july – which is their cooler, dry season. There were quite a few around but we’ve had no luck identifying it. Wondering if you could help?
thanks
Signature: SR

Picasso Bug

Dear SR,
Just last month we posted a photo of this species of Shield Bug and one of our readers wrote in to supply us with a species identification.  Karl wrote in:  “Picasso Bug and Zulu Hud Bug are the two common names I found for this guy.  It’s a Shield-backed Bug (Scutelleridae), probably Sphaerocoris annulus, but there could be similar species.

Location: Africa

2 Responses to Picasso Bug from Tanzania

1. Matt says:

Hello, I would like to ask for your permission and/ or licensing terms to use your photo of the Picasso Bug above. Thank you!

What’s That Bug reserves the right to publish images on our own site and to allow use for nonprofit purposes. You have our permission to use the image. Please credit What’s That Bug? as well as the photographer.