Pod insect
Location: indoors on wall and on the floor
Hi bugman,
I have these odd pods everywhere inside my home. I find them on the floor or attached to the walls…I am hoping for identification and of course I want to get rid of them! They are difficult to see unless they are on a white wall, I am afraid that they are in more places and I will have a few nasty surprises soon. I have searched your site already and the web but have found nothing similar. Many many thanks for any guidance
Signature: best

Case Bearing Moth Larva

Dear best,
Case Bearing Moth Larvae, like the one in your photograph, are often found indoors on walls.  They feed upon shed pet hair and other organic fibers, and the best way to control them is to meticulously vacuum away their food source.

3 Responses to Case Bearing Moth Larva

1. Audrey Ham says:

We have been finding quite a few case bearing moth larvae in our house . . . we do have a cat so the shed hair makes sense. I cannot find the moth that lays the eggs that produce the larvae. Can you send us a picture of what they look like?

2. Audrey Ham says:

Thank you – that was most helpful. At least I know what to look for now.

Audrey Ham