Wolf Spiders ”R” Us

Wolf Spiderling

Wolf Spiders ”R” Us
Location: East Moline, IL
December 15, 2010 11:58 am
As an amateur arachnologist, I have been keeping native wolf spiders for the last two years. I found four female wolf spiders in my back yard this year, and three of them produced egg sacs. Unfortunately, only one egg sac was viable and now I have a nice selection of Hogna helluo spiderlings. I thought you might like to see one of my little darlings, as I haven’t found anyone who keeps Wolf Spiders with the obsession of myself. Once these are raised to near adulthood, I will release them back into the wild. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, I’m hoping Santa will bring me a better camera this year.
Signature: Ron DePaepe

Wolf Spiderling

Dear Ron,
You are our new hero.  Thank you so much for providing our readership with the opportunity to read about your endeavor to assist nature to sustain a robust population of native Wolf Spiders in your vicinity.  We also hope that Santa brings you a better camera.

Wolf Spiderling

Location: Illinois