Kitchen annoyance
Location: Southwestern Ontario
These bugs pop up every once in a while in my kitchen.
I lived in a different house where we had a complete infestation of them. They were in the sugar, flour, SALT, really just everything. We had to throw it ALL out and completely bleached our kitchen and cupboards – and now keep EVERYTHING sealed.
In our new place, I haven’t found them anywhere near the food. In fact, when I do find them, it’s only one at a time, and they are at the other end of the kitchen from where the food is stored.
Could you tell me what type of bug I’m dealing with? It doesn’t really look like anything I’ve found information about on the internet…
Signature: Kimbah

Unknown Pantry Beetle

Dear Kimbah,
There are many different Pantry Pests from many different beetle families that infest stored foods.  Though the antennae do not look right, your beetles look most like the Grain Beetles in the genus
Oryzaephilus which are well represented on our site under Pantry Beetles as well as on BugGuide.

Unknown Pantry Beetle

Location: Canada