What spider is this? ::
Location: Bali, Indonesia in the city of Kuta
Hello bugman,
We came across the biggest spider we ever witnessed in real life on our honeymoon in Bali, Indonesia … specifically the city of Kuta. As my wife was digging through her suitcase this spider scatters out from under her clothes. Scary to say the least. The spider was at least 4-5 inches wide.
Signature: Namski

Huntsman Spider

Dear Namski,
Your spider is a male
Heteropoda venatoria, commonly called a Huntsman Spider or sometimes a Banana Spider.  This species is believed to have originated in Southeast Asia, though the cultivation and shipment of bananas has resulted in the range expansion to include most port cities around the world in warm climates.  The species is not considered dangerous and it is a nocturnal hunter that preys upon Cockroaches.

Huntsman Spider

Location: Indonesia

4 Responses to Huntsman Spider from Indonesia

1. Rob says:

Thanks for the info! I live in Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia (very close to Kuta), found one of these in my house last night about the same size as the one you found. We picked it up in cup and put it off in the far end of the garden for it to continue his nocturnal hunting.

2. Jeffrey Conz says:

Came across a spider in Malang, Indonesia. I think it is a Crab Spider.
    A picture is attached.

3. Anonimous says:

How in the world do you catch those things, theres one in my room right now!!

4. Jeffrey H Conz says:

I would use a jar and then slide a piece of paper under neath it, then put a lid on it.